Dating henriot quimper pottery
Quimper is a commune and capital of the Finistère department of Brittany in northwestern France.
The translations of Quimper from English to other languages presented in this section have been obtained through automatic statistical translation; where the essential translation unit is the word «Quimper» in English.
Several mergers resulted in the evolution of two major houses—the Jules Henriot and Hubaudière-Bousquet ... Keep in mind, a dedicated love for colorful housewares and ...
More details A set of twelve late 19th century French plates with humorous printed decoration, the revenge of the rabbit, etc, 20cm diameter approx, together with a Doulton Burslem jug and basin set with painted iris detail, a Copeland Parian bust of a classical female character, two Delft tiles with blue and white painted decoration, further tiles, a Quimper type quaiche, etc More details A quantity of Burleigh ware Willow pattern blue and white printed wares including tea pot, five mugs, twenty three plates and dishes of various sizes, etc, together with a Quimper ware tea pot stand More details Mixed Lot comprising Staunton Chess Box, small 19th century Box, Two Johnson Bros Quimper Style Plates, Two Boxed Aynsley Photograph Frames (Pembroke and Eliz Rose) and a Boxed Royal Worcester Cake Plate More details SECTION 20.In 1918 Leech served for a time in France, but this experience of World War I left him suffering from depression.He continued painting however, and exhibited throughout the 1920s and 1930s at the RHA, RA and New English Club in London, and represented Ireland at a number of significant international locations including Venice in 1926 and Brussels in 1930.Founded in Quimper in 1690, the HB-Henriot Manufacture has always innovated and worked with artists since this date.Nowadays, HB-Henriot is wellknown all over the world for its know-how : the "Quimper paint touch" and the tradition of producing and hand-painting every piece in-house as well as the creation of its own moulds.
From 1903 until 1917 Leech lived mainly in Concarneau in Brittany, but visited Dublin regularly and continued to exhibit annually at the RHA, who elected him a full member in 1910.